Monday, July 23, 2012

Helene Lacelle Live at M&T DELI in Fredericton








For four days last week I sat in the cozy window of M&T DELI in historic Fredericton, NB, and created a large mosaic. Having pre-cut most of my pieces days before and gathered findings from my trips to second hand and dollar stores, without any real idea of what I was going to do, "GUARDING THE LIGHT" was born. Kids and moms and soldiers and bikers and hair stylists and policemen all stopped for a minute to watch. I had fun and easily got lost in the making of my piece. I ate yummy paninis courtesy of M&T Deli and prepared lovingly by Derek and the girls. Big thank you to Tina Lejeune and her hospitality.
Hey, and thanks to fellow artist Marilyn Mazerolle  for letting me stay in her very large and funky studio!

"GUARDING THE LIGHT" will remain on display at the deli for a few months or until somebody buys it!!! Drop by M&T DELI, 546 Queen St, Fredericton, NB.  ( closed on Sundays )

No comments:

Post a Comment